IT Security Specialist
Our IT Security Specialist will plan, coordinate, and implement security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Maintain permanent fleet cryptologic and carry-on direct support systems required in special land, sea surface and subsurface operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- IT Infrastructure Library
- Basic Linux
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Cisco CCENT™ (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) Certification
- EMC Proven Professional Storage Technologist Associate Certification
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows Vista, Configuration
- Soft Skills in Communications
- Working towards Microsoft MCSA w/ Security
- CompTIA Server+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Linux+ Certification
- Junior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-1)
- Novell SUSE Linux Fundamentals
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA™ Certification
- Cisco CCDA™ Certification
- ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) NGX Certification
- Novell Netware Technologies
To apply – send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject field.