Our Proposal Writers are responsible for writing winning proposals for Federal Government Agencies. This successful candidate must have experience and comprehension of the Federal Government RFI, RFP, and RFQ processes. The candidate must possess superior written and oral communications skills, superior strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while working well in a multiple deadline-oriented environment.
- Analyzes and understands the requirements of RFPs, RFQs, RFI, Task Orders, and Sources Sought Notices and is able to plan and craft responses that adequately meet and address requirements
- Writes and edits proposal for readability, consistency, and appropriate tone describing company capabilities, management approach, and/or past performance
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts and corporate personnel, developing and writing technical and management content for responses which are compliant with the proposal requests
- Analyzes data to ensure relevancy of past performance materials to current requirements
- Coordinate all information in format requested in RFP and according to Company standards.
- Edits and proofreads proposal and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, consistency with company guidelines and standards
- Collaborates with Corporate Leadership to develop proposal strategy, identify potential areas of improvement, solutions, and themes that support the win strategy
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Maintain files of all RFPs and completed proposals and presentations
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Time management and organizational skills
- Complete Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) following the same requirements as for RFPs.
- Assist in special projects requested by Business Development, Operations personnel and Marketing Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in related filed or at least five years work experience in writing proposals in response to Federal government RFPs.
- 3+ years of technical writing, copywriting, and editing experience in all professional and business writing.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collegially under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments.
- Some broader communications experience/knowledge beyond proposal writing is desired to ensure good collaboration and coordination with web communications, public relations, graphic design, and marketing teams.
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working in a high-paced, small company environment.
To apply – send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject field.